Monday, January 3, 2011

Laying down with the Shepherd

"The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures" (KJV). Ps 23

David had walked with the Lord for many years, and in a time of reflection and contemplation he saw a flock of sheep being led through the valley by a faithful and loving shepherd. He began to reflect upon his walk with God, and, As that shepherd is to those sheep, so has the Lord been to me. David said, "The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures" (KJV). He is the Lord Jehovah Ra'ah. He is the God of gods, and He is my shepherd.

God blesses us even in the valley

Though you're walking through the valley, God has a blessing in the valley. "Yea, though I walk through the valley…I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.", verse 5, "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies."

The flow of the text says that God does something unique in the valley that even with the shadows lurking around me; God brings something into my life. He prepares "a table before me." The challenge of the sheep was simply to follow the shepherd

Maybe you don't see where God is leading you. You can't see your way out of this valley. Yet God has prepared a table before you get there. It's ready. God has called you here to lie down in this pasture of revelation that you might prepare to move on and walk with him to the place of your next blessing. Your challenge is to not stop where you are. Your challenge is to keep walking. Your challenge is to recognize that God the Shepherd has gone on before you to prepare your blessing. No matter how dark it may be in that valley, you have the protecting hand of God and the protective presence of the Spirit of God. The enemy does all he can to stop you, and yet you are still blessed.

In spite of all the challenges God, has still blessed you. In spite of all the opposition, God has still blessed you. In spite of all the problems and failures, God has still blessed you. God has His hand on you, anoints you and brings you through every trial you face, because He prepares a table before you with the enemy looking on.

He prepares a table before me in the presence of my enemies. He anoints my head with oil. My cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life.

The Bible says surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, which means I'm still going somewhere. Because this thing is not over yet The psalm does not end in the valley. The psalm does not end in end in the shadow. The psalm does not end in discouragement.

In the midst of your circumstances…
In the midst of your confusion…
In the midst of your crisis…

"Lift up your heads, O ye gates; and be ye lifted up, ye everlasting doors." Praise him by faith that he's already prepared a table for you. Praise him by faith that he'll make a way. Praise him by faith that he already has a blessing for you.

And he is so committed to the call that's on your life; Your Valleys may have been a day of defeat, But Help cometh and there is a victory. Whatever your situation is- I know He'll make everything all right. "The Lord is my shepherd”; you ought to declare it in Jesus' name.

No comments: